CYBER THURSDAY: Understanding the Coronavirus Threat Environment: What We’re Seeing and What You Can Do
Speaker: Sherrod DeGrippo, Sr. Director Threat Research and Detection, Proofpoint
Coronavirus-related and themed attacks now represents the greatest collection of attack types united by a single theme that the Proofpoint Threat Research and Detection team has seen in years, if not ever. We’ve observed credential phishing, malicious attachments, malicious links, business email compromise (BEC), fake landing pages, downloaders, spam, and malware, among others, all leveraging coronavirus lures.
In this webinar, Sherrod Sherrod DeGrippo Sr. Director of Threat Research & Detection will cite specific examples for the team’s research and cover:
- The current state and rapid evolution of coronavirus-themed attack campaigns
- Key defense mechanisms to reduce your organization’s risk
- Awareness and training measures you can take to keep your users from falling victim
- Understanding and awareness of the types of coronavirus-themed threats and attacks that are currently out there.
- What countermeasures and protections you and your organization can and should evaluate to meet these threats.
- Understanding of possible future threat trends based on past and current threat trends.
ELIGIBILITY: This webinar is open to RH-ISAC Core members and retail and hospitality cybersecurity practitioners eligible for Core Membership. Ineligible registrants will have their registration canceled. To learn about eligibility, visit rhisac.org/membership. Email email@example.com with any questions.